This is one of my all time favourite recipes for the holidays. Peppermint white chocolate bark is three ingredients, that is all it is. Three! Doesn’t get any better than that. People often buy peppermint bark to stock up on holiday treats, but once you see how easy this is you wont look back!
Each year my friends and I do a cookie exchange around Christmas time. It’s always so great because you get an awesome variety of things to bring to any holiday get togethers. If you get invited out somewhere it’s so nice to be able to go into the freezer and make a beautiful tray. This bark is a perfect addition because it’s different and tops off the tray so nice!
This recipe is so easy and best of all the kids love to help. That’s because they get to smash things! My kids love to smash things, don’t know if that’s good or bad, but in this case it works!
Oreos- I like to use just the classic Oreos for this recipe.
Candy Canes- You can really use any kind of candy cane that you like. In this recipe I used the ones that are mostly green and red. You could also use peppermints in place of the candy canes!
White Chocolate- I like to use a good quality white chocolate. For this I used the Bakers White Chocolate that comes in a 6oz box. It is pre-measured into squares which makes it super easy to measure and melt.
Tips & Tricks
- You can use a double boiler if you like to melt your chocolate. I like to just use the microwave. Put the chocolate in for short stints… 30 seconds at a time, stirring with a spatula each time until it has fully melted.
- For crushing Oreos and candy canes I just place them in a Ziplock bag and use a rolling pin, this is my boys favourite job!
- Don’t be shy to switch things up a bit, use those peppermints that have been sitting in the cupboard, my kiddos just seriously got stocked up on candy canes at this years Santa Claus parade so that was what I chose to use.
Batch & Storage
In Fridge- Store this treat in the fridge in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
In Freezer- You can freeze this bark in a sealed container or freezer ziplock bag for up to three months.
How to Make
Step One- Melt Chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments stirring in between with a rubber spatula.
Step Two- Place a piece of parchment paper over a cookie sheet and pour the melted chocolate onto the sheet
Step Three- Using a spatula, spread the melted chocolate evenly across the parchment paper to form a rectangle that is approx. 1/4 inch thick.
Step Four-Sprinkle the crushed candy canes and Oreos over your chocolate.
Step Five- Use a small piece of parchment and use your hand to lightly push down the excess pieces into the melted chocolate.
Step Six- Place cookie sheet into the fridge for 30 minutes until set.
Step Seven- Break the chocolate into pieces and Enjoy!
White Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- 12 oz Bakers white chocolate
- 6 Full size candy canes crushed
- 10 Oreos crushed
- Melt chocolate in microwave safe dish for 30 seconds at a time stirring each time
- Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper and pour melted chocolate onto sheet
- Using a rubber spatula, spread the chocolate evenly across the cookie sheet to for a rectangle with the chocolate approx. 1/4 inch thick
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes and Oreos on the chocolate
- Take a piece of parchment paper and gently press the sprinkles candy canes an Oreos into the chocolate
- Place cookie sheet into the fridge for 30 minutes or until set
- Break apart your bark and Enjoy!